Thursday, January 12, 2012

Instagram -- My New Obsession


I just became a resident of Planet iPhone last week, and I have been loving playing with my new toy!  This little contraption is so much more capable than my BlackBerry ever was, and I'm discovering that the world of smartphone apps is a beautiful thing.  I'm still navigating all the different apps that are out there ~ games, music, organization and photo apps have been topping my list so far ~ but I'm becoming well-versed in my favorite one so far...Instagram.

I'm not sure if Instagram is an iPhone-exclusive app or if Droid users can download as well {I think it's just for iPhones though}.  When I was still stuck with my BlackBerry and watching friends and family members convert to iPhones, I was instantly enamored with friends' Instagram posts on Facebook.  Instagram is a FREE app used to subtly enhance your photos ~ you can take a picture from average to professional -looking with a couple of clicks.

 before instagram

after instagram

How it works:  take a picture; open up Instagram and select the picture you want to spiff up; center and crop the picture if needed; choose a "filter" to apply to the picture; and you're done!  There are about a dozen filters to choose from ~ black and white; filters with borders or with rounded edges; filters that brighten colors or mute them {for a vintage look}, and more.  With the right filter, you can make the most mundane or ordinary pictures look artistic and impressive.

 because even your empty lunch plate can look interesting


 what's more expressive than puppy eyes? {before and after}


 the "kelvin" filter roughs up the edges


the "x-pro II" filter rounds the edges and "bubbles" the picture slightly while making colors pop


I'm loving the way Instragram can make my ordinary photos pop or stand out.  Do you use Instagram on your pictures?  What other iPhone apps do I need to have?

xoxo
Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment