Friday, January 13, 2012

Skinny Cow = Super Yum


I try to eat "clean" overall ~ I shop at Whole Foods and buy organic brands from my local supermarket; I avoid artificial sweeteners, additives and pesticides when possible; and my go-to snacks tend to be from Kashi, Bear Naked and Newman's Own.

I'm not perfect with my eating habits, though ~ I have the occasional Diet Pepsi {hi, aspartame}, I'd be hard-pressed to try to pass up a bowl of Cheez-its, and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese {spirals please!} is probably one of my top five favorite foods of all time.

My point is ~ I think balance is key in life, and that includes eating habits.  Treat your body right most of the time, but indulge a little too.  And if you choose your indulgences wisely, they can satisfy your cravings without canceling out your healthy habits.  One of my favorite "smarter" sweet treats?  Skinny Cow brand ice cream sandwiches and candies. 


The ice cream sandwiches have been around for years, and come in seven different flavors {including chocolate peanut butter, mint, and no-sugar-added vanilla}.  The Skinny Cow candy line has just joined the party in the past few months and features Dreamy Clusters {caramel and crispies covered in dark or milk chocolate} and Heavenly Crisp bars {wafers and peanut butter or chocolate creme filling, covered in milk chocolate}.  Skinny Cow also offers ice cream cups, cones, and bars, which I haven't tried. 

You won't for a second think you're eating a "diet" dessert ~ none of the SC snacks I've tried have had the dry, cardboard-y texture or fake-sweet aftertaste that a lot of low-calorie/low-fat/low-sugar/low-whatever "sweets" normally have.  They taste perfectly yummy and indulgent, and they definitely hit the spot.

So while I won't find them on the shelves of my local Whole Foods market, these Skinny Cow treats are a low-cal way to satisfy my sweet tooth.  Chocolate + "Skinny" + Great Taste = I'll take two, please!  :)


xoxo
Bean

{photo credits:  southernsavers.com, seriouseats.com}

1 comment:

  1. I love the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. They are a perfect after dinner treat.

    ReplyDelete