Saturday, November 12, 2011

Homemade "Ultimate" Mudslide


I'm not much of a drinker.  I know ~ no fun.  I just have never been a girl who goes out for drinks, or just needs a drink at the end of a hard day, or gets good and liquored up at weddings and typical drinking holidays {New Years Eve, St. Patrick's Day, Fourth of July}.  So many types of alcohol are an "acquired" taste, and I've never felt like forcing myself to keep trying something I don't like again and again until I like it {like beer, for example...blech}.  Plus, drinks are just empty calories, and truth be told I'd much rather get my empty calories in the form of dessert ~ which probably explains why one drink I do like is TGI Friday's Ultimate Mudslide.

Like I said, I'm not a person who needs a drink after a long day ~ which is a good thing, right?  But I have had a somewhat difficult week {which included quitting one of my jobs, and my soon-to-be-former boss takes everything personally and is very moody.  I'm there until the end of the month, and I have a feeling these next few weeks are going to go sloooowwwly and include their fair share of drama}.  So last night, I didn't necessary need a drink, but I wanted one.  And what I wanted was an Ultimate Mudslide from Friday's ~ but I didn't really want to go to Friday's.  Having all the necessary mudslide ingredients on hand, I decided to just make it at home ~ and it. was. yummy!  I used Edy's Slow-Churned ice cream, which has fewer calories and fat than regular ice cream {hey, save calories where you can, right?}, and my measurements are approximate ~ there was a lot of adding a bit of this, and a little more of that, until I was satisfied.  Also, I don't really like the taste of vodka, so I went light on that ~ tweak it to make it your own Ultimate Mudslide!


Homemade Ultimate Mudslide


Ingredients
Vanilla ice cream {1 cup}
Milk {1/3-1/2 cup}
Kahlua coffee liquor {1/4 cup}
Bailey's Irish Cream liquor {1/4 cup}
Vodka {2 Tbsp}
Ice cubes {I used 3}
Chocolate syrup
Whipped cream
Mini chocolate chips

Directions
In a blender or Magic Bullet, combine ice cream, milk, Kahlua, Bailey's, vodka and ice cubes.  Use a spoon to taste and add more liquor or milk as necessary to achieve the taste and consistency you want.  Squeeze chocolate syrup around the inside of a glass {I used a pint glass}, top with whipped cream, and sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired.  Serve with a straw.


As my good friend Glory would say ~ cheers, my dears!

xoxo
Bean

{photo credits: sixthseal.com; caloriecount.com; kahlua.com; liquor.com; dooyoo.co.uk; mygofer.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment