Saturday, November 19, 2011

Trendspotting ~ Polka Dots!

I just love polka dots.  I don't know why, but I find the pattern so appealing.  So you can imagine how happy I am that I've been seeing polka-dotted clothing everywhere lately ~ shirts, skirts, shoes, tights, and more!  I prefer the more dainty, ladylike small dot pattern {although I do have a large-dot sweatshirt from Boston-area boutique 344 that is adorable}.

Want to get in on the polka-dot craze?  Check below for items in every price range; from casual and bold big-dotted pieces to flirty and feminine small-dotted ones.


Big Dots
Big polka dots make an outfit that much more fun ~ from cozy clothes to dressy casual pieces.

Forever 21 Polka Dot Backwards Cardigan ~ $24.80
Victoria's Secret 'The Dreamer' flannel pajama ~ $49.50
bebe 2b polka-dot skirt ~ $29.95
Nordstrom Commando 'Big Dot' sheer tights ~ $32





Small Dots
Teeny dots on dressy pieces are decidedly girly and sometimes even give a retro feel.

Forever 21 Sprayed Dots Dress ~ $24.80
JCrew blouson dress in polka dot ~ $168
Banana Republic dotted wool scarf ~ $50.50
Old Navy cropped ruffle top ~ $22.94
Nine West Crusader shoe ~ $99





Do you love polka dots as much as I do?  What pattern do you prefer ~ dots, plaids, stripes...or just classic solids?  Happy shopping!

xoxo
Bean

{photo credits:  all photos are from retail sites mentioned}

No comments:

Post a Comment