Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Kids Table versus Grownups Table


Thought this comic from The Oatmeal was too funny ~ and too relatable! {Click here to check out the entire post ~ warning:  some "adult" language}.  Does anyone else find the grownups table so boring sometimes?  Sure, I like catching up with siblings, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.  But if I wanted to sit around and discuss politics and current events, I'd join a CNN roundtable.  The kids table may be a whole lot noisier, and messier, but at least they chat about interesting, entertaining, and varied topics!

This Thanksgiving, I'll be at my dad's house.  No kids table and adults table there ~ we're all adults {sort of} and no one has started having kids, so we'll be at one long table together.  Luckily, we tend not to discuss politics and such anyway; we'll talk about what's going on in our lives, and seeing as how I have four brothers, a dad, and a husband, sports {another topic that would send me straight to the kids table to talk about dinosaurs, school, and iCarly, if I could}.

Will you be at the kids table or the adults table this Thanksgiving?  Which table do you prefer, and why?

Enjoy your holiday weekend, everybody!  Happy Thanksgiving!

xoxo
Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment