Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bark or Treat!

(Romeo as a shark; Niko as a turtle)

With October comes the first big holiday of the season ~ Halloween!  I know Halloween ranks as many people's favorite holiday {I reserve that title for Christmas}, and while it's not at the top of my list, it offers several things that I can really get behind ~ dressing up in costume; decorating/baking according to a theme {I love a theme!};  and the license to start every text and {non-business related} phone call with "Boo!" for a month {I really do that ~ ask my friends}.

Now, I don't have children, so instead I have the time and desire to torture my dogs with Halloween costumes every year.  Niko {who is almost six} has been a pumpkin, a bumblebee, and a hot dog in years past.  This will be 5-month-old Romeo's first Halloween {and winter}, so he has no idea what's in store for him in terms of Mama's canine wardrobe obsession.

I wanted their costumes to have a common theme {told you -- I love a theme!} this year.  The moment I saw the teeny tiny shark costume I knew I had to have it for Romeo, so then it was on to finding another aquatic-themed costume for Niko.  I found the turtle costume for Niko a few days later ~ now we're all set to walk downtown and amuse passerby on October 31st.

{My older child ~ used to posing for pictures}

{Aerial view}

{The best I could do ~ Romeo doesn't sit still!}

I got Romeo's shark costume for $19.99 at Petco and Niko's turtle costume for $10 at Target.

Happy Costuming!
xoxo
Bean


No comments:

Post a Comment