Friday, October 21, 2011

Owling -- The New Planking

You all remember "planking", right?  I think the trend has mostly died down {although looking at these pictures, I'm not sure why ~ I still find it hilarious}.  If you're not familiar with planking, here's Wikipedia's definition:
"Planking" (or the "Lying Down Game") is an activity consisting of lying face down in an unusual or incongruous location. The hands must touch the sides of the body and having a photograph of the participant taken and posted on the internet is an integral part of the game.[1] Players compete to find the most unusual and original location in which to play.[1] The term planking refers to mimicking a wooden plank. Rigidity of the body must be maintained to constitute good planking.
Since early 2011, many participants in planking have photographed the activity on unusual locations such as atop poles, roofs and vehicles, while some "plankers" engage in the activity by planking only their upper body and feet while leaving the back suspended.





Now, my darlings, I present you with a planking variation ~ "owling".  {Wikipedia definition: Owling is a variation on planking in which a person squats "like an owl".[23] It was first documented on 11 July 2011 in a post on the social news website reddit.}

My night was just brightened when my friend Kaydee informed me of the relatively new owling fad and sent me a picture of her fiance owling:


I'm obsessed!  Planking, owling, or any of the other variations {according to Wikipedia, which has been an invaluable source of information to me on the subject, there are also "horsemaning" and "batmanning" versions} are stupid, yes; but I really do find it entertaining to see all the random and creative places people find to take pictures of themselves doing these silly things.  Life's too short not to laugh as much as possible!


Thoughts?  Have you planked?  Would you owl?  Or is it all just too ridiculous?

xoxo
Bean

{photo credits: whataplanker.com; brisbane-news.biz; rivals.yahoo.com; kaydee; huffingtonpost.com}


No comments:

Post a Comment