Thursday, October 20, 2011

Book Club Suggestion: "The Christmas Wedding"

James Patterson's newest novel, The Christmas Wedding, hit shelves this week.  Patterson is known for his suspenseful thrillers {most notable his "Alex Cross" series, including Kiss the Girls and Along Came a Spider which were later adapted into films}, but once in a while he surprises readers by showing his softer side.



The Christmas Wedding is Patterson's fourth non-thriller tome, following in the footsteps of Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas, Sam's Letters to Jennifer and Sundays at Tiffany's.  {Side note:  we will absolutely be visiting Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas in a later Book Club entry ~ if you haven't read it, you need to!}  The great thing about the novels Patterson pens in this genre {especially for fans of his typical publications} is that although these books are void of murder, blood, gore and the like, they have twists and turns throughout.  You are literally on the edge of your seat {or bed, or couch, or beach blanket} the entire time you're reading one of his novels ~ just when you think you've figured out where the story is headed, it spins into a completely different direction and you realized you've actually figured out nothing.  Patterson knows how to write a page-turner in the truest sense of the word ~ I read Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas in one night because I literally could not stop reading it.

The Christmas Wedding was just released on Monday, so this isn't a book review, but a suggestion.  I love Christmas, I love weddings, and I love James Patterson, so I feel like this is a can't-lose situation.  I will probably wait until December to crack this one open {I feel like I should be reading a book that takes place at Christmas while I'm sitting next to my decorated tree}, but I think I'll order it soon.

Click here to order The Christmas Wedding on Amazon, where the hardcover is listed at $14.26 right now.  {And click here to snag a paperback copy of Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas for $7.99, if you don't already have it ~ you won't be sorry!}

Looking forward to Christmas and a brand-new book!

xoxo
Jillian

{photo credit:  amazon.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment