Monday, October 31, 2011

My New Favorite Beauty Product!

Okay, I admit it.  I am a snob ~ when it comes to mascara, anyway.  How I wish that I could be happy with Maybelline Great Lash and spend $5 every few months on a tube of mascara.  But I'm just not that girl.  I love, love, love mascara, and I'm constantly on a quest to find the world's greatest.  That quest often leads me to department store beauty counters and Sephora {aka The Promised Land}.

For a long time, my go-to in the lash department was Lancome Definicils.  I would probably still like it it if I went back to it ~ it makes your lash loooooong.  However, after a few years I wanted a mascara with more of a volumizing effect ~ my ultimate goal is long, thick, black, fake-lash-looking lashes.  If I could wear false eyelashes every day and get away with it, I would be the happiest girl in the world.  But that takes time and skills that I don't possess, so instead I search for the perfect mascara.  {Plus, I would probably look ridiculous}.

After I moved on from my beloved Definicils mascara, I tried a lot of different products ~ a sample-size of Chanel Inimitable {which I liked a lot, but it's more lengthening than volumizing}; Benefit's Bad Gal Lash {wasn't crazy about it}; Dior Diorshow {LOVE!} and Dior Diorshow Iconic {didn't love so much}; among others.  When I heard about Benefit's new mascara, They're Real!, I just had to give it a try.  From Sephora's website...


What it is:
A jet-black mascara that lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts, and separates lashes for a spectacular "out-to-here" look.   

What it does:
This mascara features an exclusive brush specially designed to maximize the performance of the long-wearing, glossy formula revealing lashes you never knew you had! Staggered bristles grab close to the root, boosting length and volume beyond belief. The precision bristles on the custom-domed tip lift, define, and curl even your tiniest lashes. The end result is luxurious, silky lashes that won't smudge, clump, or dry out.

Research results:
-94% saw dramatic length and volume*
-90% saw base-to-tip curl*
-94% saw visible lift*
-100% saw long-wearing results*
-*Results observed in a consumer panel survey


I've been using this mascara for a couple months now, and I love it!  It has a plastic brush, which not everybody likes, but I haven't felt that it gives me sub-par results.  With this particular brush, you swipe on mascara like you normally would {holding the brush horizontally and wiggling it a bit as you sweep it root to tip}, but what really helps give your lashes that "false lash" effect is the bristles on the rounded tip.  You sweep those, bit by bit, through your lashes so they can grab onto all the little lashes the regular brush misses.  I curl my lashes, do two coats {brush then tip, brush then tip}, comb with a metal lash comb, and I'm all set!



I will probably never stop searching for the Worlds' Best Mascara ~ but for the time being, I've found a favorite!

Stay beautiful, darlings!

xoxo
Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment